The fields available in the asset profile include:
- The type of Asset (such as "Fixed", "Software", or "Security"), and its subtype (such as "Laptop", "Desk" or "Alarm Code"). The possible values for these fields are configurable.
- A generic description of the asset.
- Notes for the asset profile, such as the expected use of such assets.
- The assigned manager for assets created from this profile.
For example, if an organization wished to create a profile for laptops to be assigned to developers, it might have the following settings.
- Since the laptop is a fixed asset, it is assigned the "Fixed" value in the Asset Type.
- From the Asset Subtype field, the value "Laptop" is selected.
- In the Asset Description field, a basic description of "Developer Laptop" is provided.
- Since these laptops are an IT asset, an IT Manager may be assigned as the default manager for assets created from this profile.
- In the Notes field, a basic description of the purpose of the asset, such as "Laptop for production work" , could beprovided.